Writing the text for a website is different than writing other types of text. You need to consider how people use the web and the types of devices they may be using, like phones. When you are writing text for a website, there are some key considerations:
- ensure you coordinate your page title, SEO meta tags, and content.
- remember that people scan pages. Lengthy text will not be read, so be succinct and impactful with your words.
- write for the reading level of your target audience.
- intersperse images that augment your message.
- incorporate both internal and external links into your text.
- Ensure text size is mobile-friendly, usually around 16px.